Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 12:45 PM   #20
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Note to self...remember to retract the awning correctly so the debri/discolaration from rain does not mar the underside of awning. Ugh !
One of those things you do often without a problem !
Not sure about Carefree awnings but my prior coach had a Dometic. On it the cleaning procedure was.

1/4 cup bleach to one gallon water. Spray it on the underside of the awning. retract the awning and let it set for 15 minutes. Extend the awning and rinse it down. Allow to dry before retracting.

I would perform this procedure at the beginning of each season and whenever we camped during periods of extremely wet or humid weather. Generally one or two times a season and my awning always looked new.

Note - when you do this wear safety glasses. That concentrate of chlorine will burn the eyes if you are not careful spaying overhead.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum