Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2021, 11:14 PM   #7
Stevemcb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Delano 24TT
State: Florida
THOR #24507
I have a nice and easy low cost fix for the replacement speakers. These are plug and play and will fit perfectly in the old space with very little extra work.

You will need to get 8 additional longer screws to replace the shorter ones. (Use a black marker to color the ends of the screws). The new speakers are a little too deep to fit directly in place and so you will need the depth ring Adapter but they match perfectly and look fantastic like a Factory install .

I used “Pioneer TS-500M 5-1/4" - 4-way 300 W Max Power, 11mm Tweeter and 11mm Super Tweeter and 1-5/8" Cone Midrange | Coaxial Speakers” bought from Walmart for 49.95.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pioneer-T...airs/527459103

You will need to add these “Universal 1 Inch Plastic Depth Ring Adapter Spacer for 5.25 inches - 6 inches Car Speakers” from Amazon for 7.99.
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Pla.../dp/B00CROVY02

The sound will have more higher frequency response and deeper bass. You do not need to spend a lot of money on more expensive speakers as the Magnadyne RV6200S sound system has it limits of 45 watts per channel. These are rated at 50 Watts per channel.

Hope this is a help to all. Now I am going to replace my wet house battery with a lithium one. Go power is sending me a new unit at no cost as Thor used a unit that was close to 2 years old and did not have a lithium charge setting on it. Shame on them.
Stevemcb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum