Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 06:30 PM   #21
saerdna

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #3732
Hi Chance:

The rack is an ATOC draftmaster. We've had car-top ATOC racks for years, so this was a natural choice for us. The draftmaster isn't cheap. but it works well for us, since we can put either our upright or our recumbent tandem on it, and it is easily done single-handed. The rack drops down to mount the tandem, then swings up.

The bikes do get a bit dusty when we drive a couple hundred miles, but I suspect that half of that comes from just sitting around in dry countryside. They stay out of the wind (no bugs) and up off the road (no spray that we've noticed so far).

To mount it on the Vegas, I had a bit of a conversation with ATOC - they have an extended hitch mount that was needed so that the rack stays off of the RV. It has about 5 inches of clearance, which seems pretty good to me.

-Andy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum