Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 11:08 PM   #25
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
You're a Texan & never owned a pick'em up truck?
That's almost un-Texan!
I came to Texas with no shoes and a Z28 Camaro , since here; I have bought (not counting my wife's or kids cars)

1. Jeep Cherokee Laredo
2. Jeep Grand Cherokee
3. Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
4. Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
5. Lincoln Navigator
6. TBD

Three years ago I was going to buy another Lincoln Navigator, but thought the $90k price was absolutely outrageous . I told my wife with that kind of money we could buy an RV, with 5500 watt genny, AGS, 2 true deep cycle AGM batteries, 3 TVs, 2 Kitchens, 2 Fridges and Inverter. The rest is history.

About once per year I really do need a truck, I just go to U - haul and get a trailer and don't even sweat it. The above is why we drive and treat our RV like a SUV. I drive it everywhere including around town.

I have to keep my current Navigator to tow my 24' boat. If I could find a SUV that can tow the boat (about 5,000lbs), be towed 4 wheel down (less than 5,000 lbs), have nice power inverter system, and be luxury on the line of a Lincoln or Cadillac I would buy it. Other option is find a SUV that can replace my wife's XT5 and be towable as 4 wheel down, and then I could by a New Navigator or Aviator
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.