Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 03:06 PM   #18
Rosemary

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #15026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley Dilley View Post
Great information!

There is a lot more to proper aseptic techniques than just wearing gloves, masks and gowns. There is a proper procedure for donning and doffing PPE so that you have a better chance of protecting yourself and others from transmission. This whole idea really can't be overstated. This is also the reason why it requires so much PPE to safely deal with this pandemic. Stay at home and Stay Alive. The sooner we all get on the same page, the sooner we can get back to RVing. Wash your hands
What really flabbergasts me is when I see people in public wearing gloves but then eating, drinking, blowing their noses, touching their eyes, etc., etc. They are doing exactly the same actions that they would do if they weren't wearing gloves. So, instead of any bacteria or germs they might have picked up on their hands is picked up on the gloves and transferred into their system the same way as if they didn't have gloves on. This article has good information BUT unless you are a trained medical professional that UNDERSTANDS the reasoning behind why gloves are worn (and what you should and should not do and touch while wearing them) and how to properly remove and dispose EVERY TIME, they are not being protected. In actually, they are at a higher risk for contracting COVID 19 than someone who doesn't wear gloves. The science and reasoning behind that is WITHOUT gloves you are more likely to thoroughly wash and disinfect your hands more regularly. Also, any medical professional will tell you that AFTER removing your gloves you need to wash and/or sanitize your hands. Also, the theory behind wearing masks is to prevent any germs/viruses the WEARER might have from transmitting to anyone THEY are in contact with. The way most medical grade masks are designed (if worn properly) is to prevent OUTWARD transmission from the wearer, not to prevent INWARD transmission to the wearer. Most medical personal in direct contact with a COVID patient will have SEVERAL barriers such as a mask, plastic shield and/or a closed system respiratory/oxygen tank. Just my two cents but I find it odd that COVID transmission is highest in areas where there are mask mandates and you see people walking around like they are participating in germ warfare. As a Retired Registered Nurse, I received my two Vaccine shots and a Booster and had my husband do as well. Neither of us wear masks (or heaven forbid) gloves when we go out. Both of us are in our mid to upper 60's and have been 100% healthy during the Pandemic. Yes, everyone needs to do what they feel comfortable doing to stay safe BUT, please read up and understand why and for what purpose PPE's are being used for and then, use them properly, A THE TIME. Oh, one last thing, if you are in your private car BY YOURSELF or with someone you live with, you do not need to wear a mask nor do you need to wear one walking outside by yourself. Just think before you act and understand the reasoning behind any precautions for protection.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum