Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 06:35 PM   #28
davidgebo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
steering stabilizers

As I mentioned, there are several aftermarket steering stabilizers out there for RV owners to purchase. Blue Ox makes a system that is hydraulically controlled from a separate hydraulic pump and computer controls, and is quite expensive to buy and install. Mostly, the internal fluid and pre-loaded spring piston types, such as Safe-T-Plus seem to be the simplest, easiest to install and maintain, and the most reliable. As I have mentioned, seeing a 40 foot diesel pusher towing a full-size pickup truck go off the road and flip over on a median, was enough for me to decide to install a steering damper. The size and weight of a coach will not determine the stability and handling safety of a coach. It is simply a matter of physics. Sudden loss of a front tire at 75mph, will result in total loss of control, unless you are very lucky. A driver needs all the help he can get in this situation. A tire blowout is usually sudden, unexpected, and will take you by surprise. Tire pressure monitors can alert you to a high-temp tire, a slow-leak, or catastrophic tire failure, and can take the shock and surprise out of a blowout.
Several hundred dollars in equipment, properly installed and maintained, can be the difference between a happy vacation or a tragic, expensive nightmare. I made my choice, and I am satisfied that I did all I can to keep my family as safe as possible on the road.,

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum