Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 03:35 AM   #81
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Do not forget Toilet line and Toilet ball frezes?

Not if you drain it. It is the easiest thing to drain, just step on pedestal until it blows air ( no more water) When you air blow, step on pedestal again and you actually hear the water.

Remember no matter how you slice it and dice it, if you drain your RV freshwater system properly you will NEVER have FREEZE damage. Aqua Hot Washing Machines, Spas and a Pool if you have on in your RV may be an exception.

Think of it this way, why don't you backfill you gray and black tank holding system with pink RV Antifreeze? ANSWER: Because you don't have to WHY: Because you properly drain both holding tanks.

People that may have freeze damage has it for one of two reasons.
1. They did not winterize
2. They did not drain their system properly

Tell your 30 year tech that a 2 years newbie says that it is impossible for my RV to suffer water freeze damage in Montana regardless of temperatures after I have winterized it. You may also tell him that I will take all bets, and I will even leave fresh water in the P Traps. Tell him I don't even have to disconnect the water lines at the pump because they will run dry by themselves, I do unscrew the strainer clean it and put it back on.

After you tell him that, tell that I agree with why he believes and says to use the Pink stuff. It is an extra level of security, I damn sure would not trust say a CW to use air method in my RV. So again, people that don't use the pink stuff it is because they don't have to.... because they know what they are doing.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum