Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 05:00 AM   #11
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Lately we've done a bunch of travel to the Northeast--some camping, some not.

Camping trips included: Maine, Boston, and Washington, DC. We also did a non-camping trip to NYC (not really a camper friendly city).

A few years ago our son decided that we couldn't vacation in a city that did not have an MLB ballpark in it. Thus our ballpark tour planning began (the Maine trip was long before him). So far we're up to 14 of 30 parks. Have 2 more planned for this summer...not sure if there will be more (the plan is to have visited all by the time he graduates from High School).

One of our highlight trips was to Fenway park the year it turned 100--our son even got a chance to put on a World Series ring (couldn't wipe the smile off his face for the rest of the trip).

I could go on..but I'll stop now LOL..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
I wanted to stick my 2 cents worth in on the idea of going to Winnipeg and then east. I lived in Grand Forks, ND for a few years back in the day and went to Winnipeg on business a couple times a year. The guy is right. If you go up north then turn right to the east up there, you'll miss all the the "junk" of going into the NE through Chicago and such. It's just a beautiful area of the world in Canada and you'll end up were you want to go without putting up with the crushing humanity of the highways in the US of the NE. That interstate going around the lake on the south side of Chicago to Michigan; heck you can walk on the tops of the trucks as they pass through the toll gates. In a MH Canada's a great idea.
Jamie and Tee ! What a interesting thread we have going !
Regarding Baseball Parks as an integral part of your destination,I think that is awesome. I have only been to Candlestick and Kaufman . One time, when we were in Chicago, I got my way and we went out to Wrigley, even tho the Cubs were out of town,..I heard we could tour it. Ha ! .. it was closed for a week of cleanup !! Have not had the chance to go back. I love our KC Royals...but was born n raised a Dodger and have an affinity for Nat'l League teams. We have been to NFL stadiums..quite a few over the years.

T ... I know exactly what you mean about the traffic around Chicago, as I am sure Jamie knows all too well. The last time we were in that traffic jam, was when we went to Lansing to pickup our Toy Hauler...we hit that mess at about 3pm...our trip home was down to Indy and then west !

Jamie, We have been to NYC and love it...but, like you, not camping !
Can you imagine driving your coach down through Manhattan !!!
Have you been to Baltimore ? Been to a football game there...love the area around the stadiums and the bay.

That is about all I have for tonight ! Thanks for the chat !

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.