Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 10:02 PM   #18
preisacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #24118
Service Advance Track issue

I had this issue on my first trip after purchasing a Thor Axis 24.1 last March 2021.

I took it to a local dealer who reluctantly took it in and reset some software. That seemed to work until my next trip when it happened again. I live in Colorado so 20mph side winds are common.

I then took it to the only place in the state of Colorado that would even look at a class A motorhome and they kept it for over a month before telling me that they would no longer be working on Class A motorhomes!!! (thank you Rush Ford for such stellar customer service!!!)

I then took it over 550 miles to a place in Kansas City called Midway Ford Truck center. Polar opposite in terms of customer service. Top notch service. I still had to leave it there for almost a month but they took a look and fixed the problem permanently in 4 hours.

The issue: Extremely poor assembly from Thor when they connected the wiring from the Cassis to the RV. The Thor personnel pulled all the wires through this small round opening that had sharp edges. This caused the wires to lose their protective sleeves causing sporadic shorts. This caused the Advanced Track warnings. ABS warnings and even on occasion my blinkers didn't work.

To Thor's credit, they ended up paying for the repairs but this kind of poor workmanship should never be tolerated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum