Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 02:57 AM   #1
holtcg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24RW
State: Texas
THOR #25563
Slide controller out after 6 weeks

2022 Delano 24RW owned since middle of Dec. Dinette slide out wouldn't budge, controller buttons were available (ignition/parking brake both on)

Went down to the bay under that slide no lights, so pulled the cover on the controller board and realized why it was a bad thing to mount this controller upside down. Liquid entered by the plugs that were supposed to be on the bottom and accumulated in the top. It was dry inside, so this happened some time ago and the corrosion finally did in the board. can see on the wall where the liquid seeped out.

There was some antifreeze all over the bottom of that bay when we took delivery, but I didn't think anything of it and just wiped it up. I guess someone spilled and revealed this engineering or installation mistake.

So when I get this replaced, I guess I should request right side up mounting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220125_002004760.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	35809  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum