Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 04:27 PM   #10
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Thor, a pretty large company, also announced they were going to build high-quality European-size RVs in United States after buying Hymer, and that was derailed. We haven’t heard much about compact Hymer motorhomes built with German quality for over a year or two now. I’m just saying a lot can change quickly.

In my opinion there is a market for narrow-body Class C (B+) motorhomes like this one that are slightly wider than a van, but they have to be more functional than their European counterparts in order to attract North American buyers. Most vans in NA either have a generator or else around 600 Amp-hours of lithium with dedicated alternator to charge quickly to support air conditioning (and perhaps heat in some all-electric) when off the grid.

This compact motorhome looks great but needs a significant electrical upgrade in my opinion to be successful in North America. And once they switch from Diesel Ducato to gasoline ProMaster, propane system may need to be standard rather than an option (unless they go with gasoline for space and water heat).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.