Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Dishtv
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 10:31 PM   #1
mlhamm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #7805
Dishtv

We're full timers since April 2018. Been using a Hopper receiver with Winegard antenna. I turn the antenna and it unfolds and finds the satellite. Then I call Dish, tell them my current address and in about 15 minutes I have tv with local programming. This has worked fine for almost 4 years.

Got to Shreveport, LA Saturday. This time Dish said I can't do it anymore. Closed my account and referred me to Dish Outdoors which uses ONLY a Wally receiver. Wally has 1 tuner; Hopper has 2. Wally needs an external hard drive to record; Hopper has a DVR. So I get less because I'm in an rv.

Just got done talking with a supervisor. Asked when the policy changed and he said there was no change, they're enforcing it now to avoid the conflict with Dish policy.

Hopper receiver in my rv obviously works so it's not a technical issue. All I get from Dish is having a Hopper in an rv "conflicts" with Dish policy. Waiting now to get a call from the supervisor's supervisor. Hoping to get someone with enough horsepower who will let me keep the Hopper.

Larry

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum