Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 01:01 PM   #7
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivraton View Post
Pretty much standard throughout the industry, I've been told that it's to increase the liquid to solid ratio in the black tank...
This is not standard throughout the industry and is done based on the configuration of individual coaches and the plumbing system design.

In my Challenger for instance only the toilet flows into the black tank. One 40 gallon grey tank handles the kitchen and bathroom sinks while the shower, outside kitchen sink and washer (if equipped) flow into the other 40 gallon grey tank. It is my understanding that on the 1 1/2 bath Challengers the rear bath toilet and sink flow into the rear 40 gallon tank, the front toilet into the black tanks and kitchen sink and shower into the front grey tank.

When I bought my Challenger neither the dealer not Thor sales rep could answer the question on how the coach was plumbed and that was when I requested the waste water diagrams to confirm my own testing.

Also on my prior class C (Forest River) toilet went to black and everything else to grey with the outdoor kitchen having a separate 12 gallon grey tank for the sink.

IMO, in some cases the plumbing design for the floorplan may be affected by the chassis since water does not always want to flow over axles, suspension systems etc...
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.