Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Dishtv
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 09:17 PM   #10
JimC

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 22GOC
State: Kansas
THOR #18675
We have a Hopper at home and also a Wally connected to my house antenna. I download movies to my external DVR on the Wally while at home. Unfortunately, the operating systems of the hopper and Wally are not compatable for sharing DVR recordings. When we travel, I take the Wally and its DVR. We can watch recorded stuff while stationary or rolling. We also have a Tailgater Pro. Sometimes we hook it up, but much of the time in campsites we are parked under tree cover. I also have some concerns about theft so I have a locked cable between the Tailgater and RV when it is out. This system works well for me.
BTW, getting DISH to hook up my Wally to the house antenna along with the Hopper was a major effort. Several times I was told by "Technical Support" that it couldn't be done. Then it took three visits from installers to get it right and reliable. Persistence proved that it could be done.
Jim C.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum