Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 2017 models
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 04:12 AM   #69
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
If what you say is true, and i'm sure it is, even more reason not to own a diesel. The room in these Class B's is small. Can't even imagine taking off for the winter and traveling in one. Seems to me what those units are for is for people who just want to travel a bunch; cover a bunch of miles and have a bed to flop in at the end of the day rather than a motel. . I'd rather have a Axis where you have the slide and some room to at least turn around. Put your feet up, watch TV, have dinner. And as far as the Sprinter chassis being built better hell it'd better be for $135,000 for 20 feet. I've looked at the Roadtrek units, but heck it's the same problem. There's no real room like an Axis. But i will give them one thing: you can park them like a car anywhere, close the shades and stay for a few days, and no one really would say anything unless you start setting out chairs and grills like you're staying a spell. No RV park fees. With stuff like the Axis and on up in size, you are guaranteed to spend $2500 a month if you're traveling, buying gas, staying in RV parks and all that. The cheapest part of the RV thing is buying the rig it seems like.
Yes, the V10 is rated at 420 lb-ft whereas the Sprinter V6 is 325 lb-ft -- at sea level of course. At high elevations the difference is less due to Sprinter being turbocharged.

Vans are great for people like us that travel more than camp. It also helps not to be a large person when stuck in tight spaces.

Sprinters come in lengths up to 24-feet, and Iveco has a van in Europe that is 25-feet long. Both have plenty of standup room. But they are only 80 inches wide, making it the biggest problem.

What's missing in my opinion to make Class Bs much better is for some company to come out with a large van that is also much wider. A van in the 86- to 90-inch width range could still be parked in standard parking places just like dually pickups are, yet living space would feel much larger.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum