Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 02:45 PM   #15
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Dave, I was just passing the information along. I know very little about dollies other than I don't like their concept -- also a very subjective opinion that is not based on facts. If I was going to buy one I would do my own research and then rent if possible.

Some points like surge with disc brakes sound good to me. Beyond that I'd want the simplest dolly that could get the job done. I like simple with fewest moving parts.
Chance,

My comment was not against you but rather the article. For instance they talk about the fender issue but fail to mention the cause of the fender hitting the car. Did it occur because someone used a dolly too narrow for the car being towed, did the take a corner that was too sharp, or did the operator load the vehicle off center on the dolly. Also, there is the absence of the benefits of fenders such as the reduction in road debris and dirt on the side of the car and the addition of lights on the fenders.

My objective comment is that one must select the equipment that is right for them. The Master Tow was right for my Fusion and my Flex. It is not the best dolly for my Lincoln MKZ which has no steering wheel lock and must be towed in the "Neutral Tow" mode.

Unlike the article I am not promoting one brand over another but rather answering a question. That answer is the fenders on my Master Tow have never come into contact with the sides of either my Flex or my Fusion resulting in any vehicle damage.

Also, before the question gets asked the positioning of the spare tire and wheel for my dolly has never impeded the loading or operation of the dolly.

Two pics attached. The first is the dolly itself. My fusion uses the center of the ramps so make you own judgement as to distance between the cars tires and the fender. The second is the car on the dolly (prior coach) and showing the fenders are in line with the cars front wheels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dolly 1.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	1939

Click image for larger version

Name:	dolly 2.JPG
Views:	998
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	1940
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.