Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 07:43 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfam5 View Post
Did some research looks like mine has a 12V AC, fairly new in US markets that runs off battery

Since you have 12V air conditioner, does that mean you have the +/- $24,000 optional 800 Amp-hour lithium system? If so, your motorhome should have an underhood alternator/generator in place of the standard 2,800-Watt Onan generator. And if so, it should charge batteries as needed to keep air conditioner powered.

The standard Tellaro has two lithium batteries which probably can’t power 11,000 BTU/hr air conditioner very long (I would expect just over an hour under harsh conditions). With optional 800 Amp-hour lithium system, fully charged batteries should power an air conditioner through the night (10~12 hours may be possible with no sun and cooler nighttime ambient temperatures).

Depending on your actual equipment and cooling conditions, run time could vary from an hour to over 10 hours. Just trying to say that comparing performance to others should be on same basis, otherwise of little value in my opinion.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum