Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 12:28 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fgianni View Post
....cut....

In this certified mechanics opinion the other 4 rear tires would have the same variance in out of roundness. His recommendation and professional opinion is that the Good year tires need to be replaced. He has seen this in many of his inspections on many motor homes . His recommendation is that these tires be replaced with Michelin tires.

....cut....
I can't view the video, so maybe this was already addressed.

Did he check the four rear tires or assumed they too would have the same problem? I wouldn't assume much if making a claim. I'd also want it in writing and if at all possible from a second source also. That would carry a lot more weight in my opinion.

My 2 cents .... If tires are defective, Good Year would replace them under warranty with Good Year tires, not Michelins. I expect a mechanic would know that, unless he expects you to buy new Michelins yourself.

With the information you have, I'd take it to an appropriate Good Year tire dealer and see what they will do for you.

By the way, if vibration starts at a certain speed and then diminishes as you go faster, it's normally a sign that you are passing through a suspension natural frequency. And if the chassis isn't working right, it doesn't take much at all out of balance or out of round to cause vibration. The first thing I'd check would be shocks/dampers to make sure they are on tight and not busted. Hopefully you've had that done already along with checking everything on suspension and frame is tight.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.