Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 02:29 PM   #18
holtcg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24RW
State: Texas
THOR #25563
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
I have a suggestion when you install the new one. Being an automotive technician, I’ve seen some pretty stupid things come from manufacturers. One was the tpms control module on a popular SUV. The roof rails would leak water into the body. The water would run down the inside, under the trim, onto the module. If the roof leak wasn’t addressed, then the issue would happen again down the road. Getting to those bolts on the roof rails sucks. The module comes in a plastic bag. Neatly slice the bag open. Plug the module in, zip tie the bag closed and install. Maybe you could try that with your slide controller?
I just re-routed the wires up to the ceiling of the bay and mounted it with some VHB tape. (the red 3M stuff that sticks like crazy. Still can see the blinky light and press the reset button if necessary. Thanks to the reorientation, I managed to connect the in/out wires backwards, but that was an easy fix.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum