Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: new guy
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2022, 12:27 PM   #20
Ed FV racer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #26284
OK did click on remember me so see if that fixes the problem. Yesterday I left the site sit there signed in and did some other things and you guys seem to be right that after a certain time it will not let you send a post even though you can type it up. I check and it says you are signed in at the top and the bottom says you can post but it doesn't happen.

On our last trip to Austin so I could race at COTA we encountered the worst weather Texas gets, the dreaded ice storm. One of the mornings in early AM I woke to a very slight clicking sound and asked the wife if she heard that and she did. So when I got up I noticed the fridge light was not on green or red and the things that are on didn't seem to be. I quickly realized besides it was pretty cold that the furnace igniter was attempting to light but it didn't have enough power to run the furnace.

I hoped that the engine would start and it fired right up and a few minutes later everything came back on. After checking around I realized that I left the gray and black tank heaters on since it was in the twenty's. I did leave the engine running to heat the place up. Needles to say I won't do that again.

While on the way home we stopped in Houston area at a Walmart and in the morning I checked the battery voltage and it was low. so they had deep cycle batteries and I bought two to replace the single one that was there and installed them. So I do have two new batteries.

Hopefully this won't happen again.

Ed

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum