Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: DRV paint
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 05:18 AM   #5
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardinkr View Post
I haven't noticed any chips in the paint where bugs hit but have plenty of chips where gravel have came up from the road and hit. Both of the Suites we have had has full body paint or clear coat on the end caps that may be harder than gel coat that is not covered. I have heard also that Love Bugs if left on the front of the RV can cause damage to the paint. I don't know this personally because as soon as we stop after driving into these critters, they get washed off.
I do the same thing and wash the nose after a day's travel. Much easier to get them off while they are fresh. My coach has full clear coat also. I also have a couple coats of wax on the nose also.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum