Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 03:21 PM   #7
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
A couple of additional items that fit into the "For what it's worth" category.

First check to see if the vent cover is a flush mount or if it is designed to have a small gap on the lower edge to allow for water and condensation drainage. If the cover is designed to have the small gap you do not want yourself or the dealer installing the cover to caulk over that gap.

Also, before buying determine whether or not you want the vent cover to include a bug screen on the opening. I have MaxxAir covers on my vents and Fantastic Fan and I have not seen any wasps attempt to nest inside the covers.
I went with a bug screen in my cover too. didn't want to deal with wasp nests up in there if I could help it!

That's actually something I've been wondering about with the Maxx Fan deluxe that i'm considering for my other fanless vent. With its integral cover, I wonder if there's a reasonable way to install a screen at the outside vent. I know there's one under the fan so they can't get inside the RV, but I'll want to add one outside too! Planning o slip down to my neighborhood Camping World to take a hands on look at one soon!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum