Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 06:26 PM   #1
Pappydude

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Oregon
THOR #2824
Fresh water drain question for ACE owners

I have a 2016 ACE 29.4..........I think I've mentioned this issue somewhere in a post previously but can't find it.
My fresh water tank is in the bedroom on the bathroom side of the coach. It sits under a dresser drawer and there is an access panel that was custom made to be removed to allow access if you have child sized hands - but long arms to reach the valve that controls the water flow to drain the tank. It only requires a 1/4 turn for on or off. There is NO room to maneuver inside that area. To reach it, I have to remove the middle of the three dresser drawers and put about half of my body into the space for the drawer - just to reach the handle.
What I'd like to do is remove the hose connection where it comes out of the fresh water tank and either lengthen the hose or move it closer to the first panel mentioned above so I don't have to keep removing the dresser drawer every time I want to drain the tank. The hose connection goes into a hole that allows the tank to be drained outside the coach. The hole itself is filled with electrical wiring and some kind of foam material keeping it all in place. Not being able to reach it well means I can't move much of it out of the way to see what's under the foam. My arm just isn't quite long enough and I can't use both hands to do it. I don't fit in the drawer space very well.
SO, I'm wondering if other ACE owner's have had a similar issue or question, or is there a standard for how long fresh water can sit in the tank before it should be drained! I don't use the coach much and only use the fresh water when I'm traveling for the toilet, etc. I keep it about 1/3 full to eliminate the extra weight.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum