Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Recall notice
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 06:55 PM   #17
Bill Johnson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
I'm on a trip in my reliable and good quality motorhome, no it's not a thor, and the USPS sent an email on "informed delivery" of a thor safety recall notice. I'm not home to get it and it doesn't affect me obviously but curious if this is another example of fine thor build or did the propane one get expanded because the numbers of affected RVs is significantly larger than thor admitted to?
I found this, Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling certain 2022 ACE, Freedom Traveler, Hurricane, and Windsport motorhomes. Ladders were installed on the wrong side of the motorhome during production and potentially not reinforced to the backers on the rear caps. If a person were to use the incorrectly installed ladder, it would have the potential to break off the motorhome. This could lead to property damage and/or personal injury.

Remedy
Dealers will inspect the location of the ladder, and reinforce or relocate it as needed, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed April 10, 2022. Owners may contact TMC customer service at 1-877-855-2867. TMC’s number for this recall is RC000255.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum