Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 12:29 PM   #1
paulwadley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Coach furnace not working properly

I just bought a 2022 Thor Miramar 37.1. When I turned on the coach furnace, the fan comes on to clear out the ignition chamber, it clicks and ignites the propane and starts blowing hot air through the system. After less than 5 minutes the system shuts down. I thought that the sail switch might have debris blocking it so I removed the outside cover and removed the sail switch. I checked and saw nothing on it but made sure it would move to be sure no debris had gotten stuck in it. I then put it back in place and fired up the furnace again. The fan came on to clear the chamber, the igniter came on and fired up the propane and it started working again. Once again after less than 5 minutes, the system shut back down but did stay on a bit longer than the other times.

My 2 golf cart 6 volt house batteries are up to voltage. I turned on the two gas burners to purge the line of air. I have a full tank of propane. I do have an appointment at the dealership for late May that I can cancel. The other items on my list I am doing myself but I am at a loss on the furnace issue.

Any thoughts or ideas as to where to look next?

Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum