Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 11:03 PM   #18
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickinFlames View Post
Sometimes these sorts of things are "revealed" after the inspection...in our case, the floating floor (it's like a waterbed almost) appeared three weeks after the delivery, 5 days into a trip and four states away from the dealer. Everyone I'm talking too is a bit nervous because of the cost of any possible repair (an unlikely event). But I wouldn't assume that the owner didn't inspect the rig carefully nor that they purchased crap. I'm not sure I would refer to our new OMNI XG32 as such, but we do have two massive bubbles totally about 6 sq feet and rising about 1/2-3/4 inches...worse when the heater goes on. Back to the dealer in two months for a look-see.
I had an XG32 and it was crap. Gone now though. But I digress. Your issue could be that the sheet vinyl isn't secured to the floor at the floor registers allowing any air being pushed through to get under the vinyl and balloon it. My suggestion, remove the registers and get some aluminum foil tape that's used in HVAC ducting. Tape down all along the edges of the flooring to the plywood/OSB. If you don't then all the construction debris in the sub floor will blow under your sheet vinyl and be permanent bumps. Just so you know, there is no real dedicated heat ducting. thor just uses parts of the sub floor cavities for the heated air. That's why the bedroom floor is warmed and any air that makes it to your front register is cold. IF any makes it that far.

After I taped the edges I put my shop vac over the registers making a a baffle out of cardboard so the suction was moist efficient. I got tons of sawdust and crap out. I did all registers and blocked over the others while cleaning. Be prepared to be disgusted. Or take the ignorance is bliss approach.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum