Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 06:21 PM   #17
Mecheng1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #21585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapnod View Post
I bought a RV from Camper World. I went to camper world and got a quote for some new AGM 6 volt batteries. They quoted me over $400 per battery. I went to o'reilly auto parts and they had the same type of battery for $200. I called and asked Camper World why their battery was better. They said it wasn’t better just different.

This is probably a naive question, but is it the experience of others that Camper World charges way more for the same parts just because they can?

Well I can't give a direct answer because of all the variables, and type of battery. However, I purchased eight 6v Rolls, 405 Ahr batteries. Cost $600 each. These are for our off grid vacation home in Alaska, with a solar system. Rolls are probably the best/most expensive batteries there are. So perhaps this gives you a data point?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.