Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 11:44 PM   #15
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
THANKS & THANKS again. Went and looked it over & yep coaxial along with HDMI are on the TVs. What a shame Thor doesn't put the information in their Owner's Manual.
I've been RVing for over 20 years in Class As & Cs, and have never had such a
configuration .
I got no dog in the fight, but you sure seem hell bent to bag on TMC for something that should have been basic knowledge. Originally you questioned why they even installed the Antenna/Cable connections? Upon getting the reason why; you switched to lack of documentation

Based on your own testimony you have 20 years experience in Class A & Class Cs. What kind of RVs did you have for last 20 years that did not have Antenna / cable connections and coax cables wired to the TVs?

If anything, I would think you would be complimenting TMC because your RV has HDMI in addition to standard coax . Not all RVs come prewired with HDMI. In fact, none of the SOB models I looked at like mine in Texas came with HDMI prewired. When I was shopping for RV; I remember the HDMI Switcher came standard with the Windsport/Hurricanes. That was a BENEFIT that I did not see in my SOB 29VE. I wanted it so badly I asked how much to add the HDMI into a SOB 29VE and one Dealer said they couldn't do because of the slide, an another wanted $2,000 to wired HDMI to all 3 TVs. Something about having to remove the slide As fate have it, I got lucky and found a newer model v2 (same year) of SOB 29VE in Port St. Lucie FL that came with HDMI prewired with Switcher along with a ton of other things I immediately put my butt on a plane and bought that coach without blinking. I didn't have 20 years of RV experience, but I knew what I had bought. I can't imagine going on a Winnebago forum bagging on Wi8nebago because I didn't know how to use the Coax cable inputs or worse complaining that I did not have the AC instructions Asking a question to get how to answers would have been fair game. From what you learned, you got more than you knew and/or expected, isn't that an atta boy for TMC
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.