Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 01:49 AM   #76
outro702

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #26778
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomangie View Post
This is more than you may want, but my lithium & solar system has been working perfectly for me for the last 2+ years in my 2018 Axis 24.1. It can be seen at https://youtu.be/x_PjAGheBnM
Since we always boondock at 30 ski resorts in the winter (w/ Ikon ski passes) & dirtbike in the summer, we never hook up to shore power. We don’t have to start the generator to make coffee & microwave breakfast in the morning. We never run out of power for our heated blankets overnight. We can even run the AC without the genny for about an hour with the soft start upgrade. Lithiums do not like freezing weather, so this is all under the bed and behind insulation from the back & sides. I removed the converter because the lithiums stay charged with the solar panels most of the time. Otherwise, the generator can charge the lithiums very quickly. I like that I can check the solar & battery stats & history with the Victron iphone app. Lithiums are relatively light batteries & can go down to almost zero percent charge without damaging them.
$6,236 total cost from two years ago:
Victron Multiplus 12/2000/80-50 - $1,150
Smartsolar 100/30 - $226
Monitors: battery, MPPT, Inverter - $500
breakers & wire & lugs - $200
four HQST 100w Mono panels - $460
four 100Ah BattleBorn lithium batteries - $3,700
How did you disable the alternator charging?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum