Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 03:59 PM   #13
RV Pirate

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
THOR #7853
The original idea is at the gas pump after you're fueled up and you have to backup a bit to swing out. I'm talking about a flat straight pull, no turning or geometry involved here. 37' Challenger with fuel door in the rear means you're 30' in front of the pumps. A lot of places do not have enough room to swing out , unless you plan on taking out the pumps with your left rear quarter.

What I had in mind is unhooking the brake controller, hopping in the toad and "pulling" the rv backwards with someone driving both vehicles, the RV in reverse, just along for the ride. There would be almost no load on the tow bar. After getting away from the pumps, pull on the side , reattach the brake controller and off you go. Saves totally unhooking and rehooking everything...Guess I assumed y'all knew what I meant.

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum