Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 10:38 PM   #9
mustang94

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by j37genie View Post
I just got the following response from Thor: "Hi sounds like the wipers are out of time to get them back in time take the arms off then put the wipers in park and then put the wipers back on Thanks"
NO NO no..... The tech guy (Brian) at Thor sent me to a local shop that took all kinds of pictures to be sent back to them. Here is 3 pictures being sent back. One is of the motor its self with a short arm off of it, notice the rubber bushing is all ready cracked, and the bigger nut behind the bushing and arm is hitting the 2 smaller screws that hold the motor to the bracket. Next you will see another pic of the shaft and gear, that gear is the wrong one. If I were to refer to a screw that gear is a fine thread vs. the wiper arm in the next pic is a course thread. Well because of all that both gears are worn out and wont stay in place any more. The local shop here is going to tell Brian at Thor they need everything, Motor, brackets and wiper arms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wiper 1.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	2000   Click image for larger version

Name:	wiper2.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	2001  

Click image for larger version

Name:	wiper3.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	2002  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum