Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 04:45 PM   #13
Big-Foot

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Arizona
THOR #14921
Duck / Guys -
All great info. One thing that I like about the Axxera is that there’s almost always an icon on the screen that I can press that brings up the rear view camera. I’ve not seen that feature called out in any of the ads or other threads here.
I presume that I could run a switch to my rear camera’s power cable that would turn the camera ON, thereby triggering the radio head to display the camera.
My only real issues with this route might be -
1) More clutter with yet another switch.
2) potential issue with back-feeding 12v to a circuit with unknown consequences such as turning on the backup lights or worse.
My unit is a 2017 Vegas. As far as I’m aware, there is no ability for this older unit to support CarPlay or Android Auto.
I would like to replace the Axxera with something with slightly better audio and need a much better screen as I can’t make out what my 3 cameras are telling me..
Thanks for any insights…
Midlothian, TX / Gold Canyon, AZ
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.