Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Water lines
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 10:52 PM   #17
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramzarr@roadrunner.com View Post
Unit going back in for another try at repair
June 7th

After further discussion unit was winterized and unwinterized by same dealer however same problem because it was winterized b4 repair was completed or checked cost of $165..

Hot water tank plug was replaced why I don’t know yet but now I have water dripping from plug.

House batteries weren’t installed properly or connected at the cost of $33..
Black and gray sensors don’t work dealer flushed out to zero when I left
Get to camp fill tanks clear water will not return to zero. Cost $125

Labor shortage excuse

Two years same problems
Thanks
This is better and more insight

I don't know your mental mindset or capabilities, but I can tell you what I would do.

I would plan to have all those items fixed or adequate responses from your network of Thor Forum users well before 6/7. If you willing to make effort you will get the help you need.

Also, IMO; I think you are better off to learn how to winterize and dewinterize your own RV. It is not about the money, but the time. I also believe that once you learn how to do it, you will see how easy it is and you will also be scared to death to leave it in the hands of some incapable dealerships. It is clear your dealership is useless short of knowing how to invoice.

My advice now... (if you are out of warranty?)

1. Forget what you have paid, it is sunk cost, don't complain let it go. Keep it positive with that Dealership just in case they do happen to be the last Dealer on earth one day

2. Get the manual for SOP on how to winterize / dewinterize your coach. If you don't have call Thor. Hopefully it will have pictures and diagrams. It is not complicated, all RV have same basic steps but valves and locations of thing vary. You call it a repair but it could be as simple as opening and closing the correct valves. Learn to take and upload pictures to the site. Worst case, you turn water pump off and reverse the outbound hot water to cold water supply.

3. Get picture of what you call hot water tank plug that was replaced that is now leaking? This will others from guessing at what you got and what you refer to.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.