Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 11:22 PM   #12
Elite Washington

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
An Arizonan's input:
Don't plan on it shutting off until maybe midnight if you're parked in a pavement bound rv park or on a paved road. You might hit a cool week and I'll be wrong. I wouldn't bet on it.

10 minutes turned off during the day will negate the gains you made/heat you staved off in the past 10 hours.

105° is a temp taken in open air, in shade, at 5ft off the ground. That 105° is what they'll tell you officially. 10 iches off of pavement and 11ft off the pavement in full sun...that's you.

Your roof and the pavement will be ssssooooo much higher. Untouchably higher.
The low temps are now mid 70's .
Mid 70's air temp can only pull a measured amount of the 160° roof temp away.
If it's windless your rv will form a heat barrier around itself.
If the nightly low temp pulls 90% of your heat away, can you live with 80° without ac at 4 am?

Do not park facing west.

Run your dash air too.
.67 gallons an hour for our v10.
That's 14ish gallons in 24 hours.
It might be a consideration to buy that portable ac unit...

Pessimists are almost always pleasantly surprised but sometimes only break even.
Optimists are disappointed as often as they break even.

I'm a bit pessimistic about Phoenix wrather(Phoenix doesn't have weather. It has wrather)being forgiving.

And
That portable ac can be used in your new home for years to come. We have one for the spousal units 24x20 shop. It's one cash outlay to ensure comfort for many many years. Err for you and yours. Don't bet against yourself.
And
Texas and New Mexico can be just as miserable as phoenix.
Having lived in Texas and Arizona, I can say for certain a 90 day in Dallas is always worse then a 117 day in Phx.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum