Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 01:15 PM   #13
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post

.....cut....

I do wish the 24.1 was built on the E450 chassis.
The extra capability would be nice.
If you need that extra capability then you need it, but if not, it’s added weight and fuel consumption that doesn’t provide much more than peace of mind for some. I know we have to observe sticker ratings, but physical differences between E-350 and E-450 stripped chassis aren’t as great as GVWR and GCWR suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
I believe that this is going to be the first vehicle in decades that I will pay someone to do much of the engine service work.

We will most likely change our own oil, but more than that....ooohh boy.
Just not enough room.
Agree it’s tight, even on Class C with OEM hood access. A family member purchased an E-450 with 7.3L V8 that came with Ford dual alternator option which piqued my interest. I wanted a quick look, but could barely see the alternators. I’m guessing that like with V10, removing the air filter and intake hose is necessary to even see the front of engine.

P.S. — With gas going north of $4.50, you may soon be happy you got E-350.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum