Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 03:00 PM   #16
LarryD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
What would the upgrade be? Both units are 15K BTU, right? I've had no issues being frozen out in any situation we've been in so far. Frying eggs on the hood but wife wearing light sweaters inside. Agree with a previous comment...stay ahead of it...crank them up early and keep them going. The dash unit keeps the coach comfortable while underway. If its really hot, I'll fire up the generator and run both rooftops about 30 minutes before we get to campground that evening but, never have really suffered from heat. Regarding the Phoenix stop...I'd keep moving a few hundred more miles. I've placed towels along the floor at the base of the big slide occasionally...a lot of cold air seeps out there.
Not positive but I thought they were 13k. I'd "upgrade" to the largest possible without having to cut or modify. From the very little research I've done the stock units are neither the largest nor "best" in class that would seem to fit with nearly zero effort. I'll do another summer with them before making a decision.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum