Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 07:05 AM   #16
michaelrider

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #26065
Adding the DC to DC Charge Controller

It looks like you will have to tip the circuit board out of the steel box the BCC is in to make those modifications John recommended, but there looks to be plenty of room to do so. One of the reasons I was going to try an alternator only solution was both simplicity and room. I fitted a Chins 200 Amp Hour Lithium Battery (Amazon) in the compartment to the left of the entryway door, mounting the 100 amp breaker, positive cable terminal, and shunt for my meter on a piece of plywood next to the battery. There wasn't a whole lot of room left over. I reinforced the compartment with a couple of pieces of angle iron hung on allthread from the coach floor (Brian from Tito's RV You tube channel does this in his install). Putting everything there made it more accessible an let me keep my cable runs short. Where did you put your charge controller and lithium battery(s) and manage the cable routing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0206.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	37606   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0205.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	37607  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.