Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 08:47 PM   #7
gentilebrian

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
I just did this over the winter. I used similar amazon lights. Mine were the same power and leds but where square. http://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Drivin...offroad+lights

I put them on the back corners not facing out the back but rather facing out the corner so I can see the sides also. They are super bright. My nightvision camera was very poor also but even with the lights turned to the side a bit the extra light was more then enough to put a clear picture in the center screen.

I just got a new rv and will be doing it a little different. When I mounted mine they were out the back and had a huge beam that went on a long ways. Far longer they was needed and I felt horrible backing into a site and blinding everyone around. I will be mounting them up a bit higher up underneath and aiming down in the back so the light doesn't shine out as high and far. It will still be plenty of light and would only bother the neighbors not the whole park. I also am going to put them out the sides and front so I can see all around. Kind of like extremely bright ground effect lights. They also need to be on their own switch. Power likely wont be a problem using the existing backup wires but for instance if you back in to a site and have to pull forward to re adjust you are not only looking forward but out the back also to see where you are so you still will want the lights on.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.