Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 04:28 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
Did you lift your Vegas? What diameter did you end up with?

I put 235/85 Hankook Dynapro ATs on my stock 16" rims, no lift. The taller sidewall makes the tire about 1.5" bigger. .....cut......

The nominal (specified) diameter of your size is +/- 2.44 inches greater in diameter than stock, so a much larger tire on average (there is slight dimensional variation between tire manufacturers).

In between the stock and your size are LT215/85R16 tires that have same load rating as stock tire, but are just over an inch taller. These were common size with dually pickups back when they still used 16” wheels.

I do not have first-hand experience with specifics of OP question, but in general doubt much of a ride improvement as long as tires require same air pressure to handle the load. Also, taller tire sidewalls that flex easier could adversely affect steering. And taller tires will adversely affect braking, though drivers may not notice the difference. Lots of trade offs to consider as with most revisions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	67740701-8B8F-46C1-9912-6123429412C8.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	37649  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.