Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 06:34 PM   #4
Chateau_Nomad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
I would replace our current RV cooktop/oven "toy" with a REAL freestanding range (like an Insignia) in a heartbeat... but for me in our class C, far too many mods are needed. For REAL cooking/baking - nothing beats the even heat and temperature control you get with a decent sized gas range/oven. Induction wins in efficiency, but I'll take the versatility of gas/propane any day.

The bonus is I love to cook on the road, which is fortunate, because restaurants have become just TOO expensive for my blood!

Your "Thor certified installer" (??) just needs to do detailed measurements of the area where you'll be installing. Also consider sidewall insulation from the oven heat, and roof ventilation (range hood). This is really no different a procedure than you'd do for a home oven/range installation. Any qualified installer should know exactly how to go about this.

After you get the measurements, start shopping. I replaced our ancient 30 year old home wall oven last year using this exact method. Nearly every range/oven has installation spec. and install guide on the internet. Just do a search.

Good luck!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum