Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 06:46 PM   #20
Tiflog18

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: South Dakota
THOR #11771
I had the same problem

I had the same problem I was driving to Cody Wyoming and their cabin just kept getting hotter and hotter no AC coming out of the vents I stopped at an RV dealer compressor doesn’t turn on they say take it to Ford dealer I take it to Ford I spent $200 for diagnosing they say it’s something with the chassis or the RV manufacturer so I take it to a Goodyear dealer the Goodyear dealer says the compressor doesn’t start they’re not gonna charge me if you bypassed the switch from the chassis and just put power to the compressor it would turn on immediately and blow cold air.
I took a chew one of the few mobile technicians in the country that I trust and this was Don‘s mobile RV service with a winner in Lakeland and lives in Akron and we looked all over we had a new switch that we bought as my rigs at 2018 we bought the control panel that’s in the front of the dash put it in same problem. Opened up the hood trace the wire like many things in an RV the wire had come off had disconnected.
I was pretty upset that Ford general RV Goodyear couldn’t find a simple thing as tracing the wire to the top of the thermostat for the AC. So now I have an extra switch and air-conditioning.
There was a post that talked to about the panel in another post. Again it was a simple wire that it fallen off and then those other forms it’s always just one wire. Best of luck

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum