Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Washer n dryer
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 11:57 PM   #2
RCAircraft

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36RL
State: Missouri
THOR #75
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8545 View Post
Our first washer and drier in MH, wish to use it to the best use, just recently in park conversation, we heard that you are not suppose to use fabric softener. Anyone know why? If you do use softener, suggestion for brand, or suggestion how to use. Thank you?
Softeners in washers are okay. It is when the clothes are in the dryer. It's not a big deal however the chemicals in some softeners will coat the lint screen. The coating is nearly transparent so is difficult to see. The outcome is that the drying time could increase and worse is that the dryer could overheat. The dryer is protected however blocked or reduced air flow can cause the heating element to open. Washing the lint filter in hot soapy water should keep the invisible film from becoming an issue. I repair dryers (both gas and electric). The most common cause of dryer failures is overheating due to reduced air flow. As noted above, not a big deal as along as the filter is keep free of any build up. I use softeners and dryer sheets in my Redwood washer and dryer and wash/scrub the lint filter about every month. Also using the same at home. Never has been a problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.