Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 01:19 PM   #8
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I don’t know your coach build specifics, but in my ACE there is a 30 amp fuse in the 12VDC fuse/converter panel that powers the slide controllers (2 slides). The DC fuse/converter panel is located at the end of the bed and there is an ignition interlock relay mounted under the bed (along with some other major electrical systems like transfer switch etc). If the ignition key is inserted (or engine running) the lockout relay will operate and disable the power feed from the 30 amp fuse to the slide controllers. There is nothing in my coach to prevent starting the engine when slides are out. By the way, the awning motor power is also disabled if the ignition is enabled. If your awning is out can you start your engine?
If your coach was built not to allow engine start when the slide was out, it would “likely” use a micro-switch that operated when the slide was fully extended. If that is true, then a partial slide extension should still allow your engine to start? I am just speculating here. The Dealer should be able to confirm if your situation is normal for your unit. You could also have other strange issues like an ignition switch intermittent problem; or maybe a loose connection. Let us know what you find out......so we can learn along with you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum