Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 10:41 PM   #9
JimOIB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
My Four Winds 24F on a E450 has 3 black potted relays under the bed tucked way at the bottom near the floor. When the ignition key is any position but OFF the relays are energized. One relay disconnects slide power, one disconnects awning power and the third one energizes the warning buzzer for the stabilizers. None of this circuitry shows up on the wiring diagrams available on the owners website.

Here is exactly how my coach works:

1. Camp arrival. Stopped, slide in, awning in, stabilizers up, ignition OFF, use/store on, key in or out of ignition. Slide will extend, awning will extend, stabilizers will extend with no warning buzzer.

2. Traveling - slide in, awning in, stabilizers up, ignition ON, use/store on. Neither slide or awning will extend. Stabilizers will extend but I get warning buzzer.

3. Set up at campsite. Slide out, awning out, stabilizers extended, ignition OFF, use/store on, key in or out of ignition. Slide operates, awning operates, stabilizers operate.

4. Set up at campsite. Ignition in any position BUT OFF. Slide disabled ( no power to slide controller with visual check), awning disabled, stabilizers give warning buzzer and the will retract.

Here is the kicker - set up at campsite, slide out, awning out, stabilizers extended. I can START the coach and get condition 4. I can put the coach in drive and pull forward with everything deployed.

Verified 10:30 AM this morning…not a guess.

IMHO the interlocks are more for when you are traveling so you don’t deploy the slide, awning, stabilizers by accident which would be devastating. In camp, you’d go DOH and get stuff right before traveling.

Attachment 37690

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum