Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 05:29 PM   #11
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
The answer depends on who you ask. Asking about quality and build is quite different than asking about subjective things... like the items mentioned above.

Those subjective "likes" and "dislikes" is exactly why there are so many sizes and styles of RVs - from teardrop trailers to 40+ foot diesel pushers. "vive la différence"!

Most of the items I listed are factual, though how “valuable” they would or should be to any given individual are subjective. There is little doubt a van gets better mileage, is quieter, easier to drive or park, etc. compared to a Class C.

What’s really most subjective by far is how much room/space does one need to be comfortable, and also how valuable added space would be relative to the Class B advantages the owner would have to give up if upsizing to a “C”.

As vans get bigger, it’s harder for me to justify giving up advantages like parking at home, using as second car, or being able to park pretty much anywhere. My van only has about 300 cubic feet of volume, and new ones now go beyond 500. I can only imagine how much roomier that would feel by comparison. In fact, if I was ordering a new van to build or have converted, I’m not sure I would even get the very largest. Next largest is probably big enough.

It will be interesting to see if RV manufacturers start building and offering any Class B on super-sized ProMaster vans.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum