Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 08:19 PM   #16
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
Dman. We just like the extra space in a class A. Mrs. wants the bigger shower, walk around bed, full galley. Twin AC, leveling jacks, big TV and couch. Otherwise, the Class B is perfect. When i purchased my Class C, i said this is it!... then time passed... and we upgraded.
Yes sir

We rented a 40' Gas Forest River and a Discovery or whatever it was called and they both were big, they were stressful to drive primarily because they were not mine. I got like 3.9 mpg and was pushed by big trucks despite it's size. But my biggest beef was how hot it was and how all rental owners had these exorbitant fees if you ran the generator which was needed for AC. I never understood that.

At the same time my brother owned a Class B Sprinter. Very nice rig, but I will never forget we were with them one very hot day and he had trouble keeping that thing cool. every time the door open, you basically had to restart the cool down. His wife and kids were also inside and she was doing something in the galley area, everyone was packed in like sardines, so I made my way to the front passenger seat, after 10 minutes, I knew then that Class B and Class A was out for me.

We went after TMC Class C 28Z, I loved it and the floor plan, but learned of the Class C Quantum that TMC was saying was upgrade. So we go to MHSRV to see one and while the wife and I were inside it started to rain and rain hard it did; we saw at least 4 leaks Frustrated, we looked at other coaches because MHSRV has everything. Then I saw the ACE 29.3 it was love at first sight I would learn that it was designed to be sort of combined A & C class. But TMC discontinued the ACE 29.3. So we move up to the Windsport / Hurricane 27B and then TMC discontinued the 27B I was convinced somebody had warned TMC about me because they seemingly did not want me as a Thor owner FWIW and ironically to this discussion, the 29M was never a consideration for us because it was about a foot too long. I remember getting ripped on this forum way back when; because I was saying I would not buy a coach because it was foot too long. What is my mantra "Quality is Fitness for use". It would not fit in the Spot / RV port that I built at home where I intended to keep it; so I bought the 29ve which maximized my space perfectly. There is no right or wrong answer just what you want, but as OP as requested, it is interesting to learn why people buy what they do.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum