Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 05:26 PM   #13
txc2936@yahoo.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
ah this sounds so frustrating, have your RV serviced and now systems don't work. I have a standard process i use to run thru the systems, every other week, but i don't check the slide out or Jacks.

I see the battery panel shows FULL when entering the RV from the Solar panel charge, on go the RV lights, door shut behind me and steps retract.

I start engine and monitor the instrument on the dash to monitor the engine Alternator voltage and matching it to the panel voltage, both show over 14V, i am charging house batteries thru the engine ALT. The Cab AC goes on and SAT Radio go on.

Then i move onto the Generator, I listen for the the primer pump to go on, and hold for a few seconds, then engage the Generator start, I typically starts in a few seconds. I then let it warm up, listen for the transfer switch, and then turn on all the Main CB at the panel. This is confirmed with the beep on the Micro wave. Then i start the AC units one at a time. I do this every other week or so and can almost time everything on startup.

Finding a sequence to start up equip will help troubleshoot if something doesn't match.. And if something doesn't start or beep. I get really concerned.

I also refrain from having all AC units on when the main breaker is closed, very rookie like, tells me i didn't shutdown RV last time in sequence. This is what happens after service. The mechanics leave everything on and just shut down generator!! Check you GEN breakers back at the GEN panel. Maybe something tripped back there... and good luck

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum