Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 04:04 PM   #67
Scubawise

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I'm finding that not having a ladder is a pain! LOL

Ok some notes: As any new owner does I started making a punch list of things to be fixed (like finding the solar controller buried below some drawers). Called the dealer and the soonest that they can get me in was August. I looked at the punch list and thought "there isn't anything on this list that I can't do myself". With that:
Attachment 37763
(The solar controller mounted properly)

While on a ladder looking at the roof I noticed the front vent, ugh:
Attachment 37764
It appears to have been installed, ripped off (literally!), and re-installed. It also appears that they pried up the flanges during the removal process and didn't bother to fix them, or simply use a new vent. On top of that they used less than 1/2 the screws to hold it down--2 of the screws in front didn't even have any sealant on them. Well..

Attachment 37765
The new vent installed (this one is a Maxx-air vent).

Also did a test tow to make sure the trailer connector was good and the dolly/hitch were in good working order.
Attachment 37766
Fortunately all is good there. Pulls like a champ.
Great job

If going to dealer use numbered list to track

You will be happy with this cover

Maxxair 00-955001 White Fanmate Cover with Ez Clip Hardware https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010D1VJQO/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_W5SBMADGV1MD8ABAER2Shttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B010D1VJQO...DGV1MD8ABAER2S
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220530-100225_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	37767  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.