Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 02:07 AM   #1
cgani93

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34J
State: Colorado
THOR #26530
OUCH! Slide out stuck half way out!

Well I guess I was warned. I have a 2019 Windsport 34J, you know, the one with the full side wall slide out? We had some issues two weeks ago with it not wanting to extend fully once we reached our destination but after we pulled up the jacks and re-extended them again to try and "re-level" the coach the slide eventually went out, but it felt dicey.

Today we (ironically) arrived at the same location (parked in a different spot) and now the slide out is stuck about 3 inches out. Won't extend or retract. The issue is clearly on the front side of the slide. The rear is working but when I tried to extend it multiple times, it looked like the bottom portion of the front section (opposite end of the motor) was binding up on something. It moves the fixed wall (not the slide out) ever so slightly to the point where it looks like something is stopping the mechanism from moving.

Two questions:
1. Worst case scenario, we can camp this weekend but is it safe to drive with the slide out out 3 inches? Should I just force it back in with some muscle?
2. Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

I've called a few mobile RV repair guys, doubt they can come save me. Any suggestions from this forum would be greatly appreciated. I'm handy(ish) and have a ton of tools with me as I'm at a racetrack but don't know what to look for. Thanks so much in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2088.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	38180  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum