Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 04:04 AM   #1
lspotho

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta
State: California
THOR #3975
Newbie question: one of awning arms not attached at bottom

Hello, everyone. I'm new to using an RV, with a brand new Thor Siesta, and I have a question. We noticed that the left (rear) arm of the awning hardware is not attached to the coach at the bottom - it just rests there. There is no bracket, or screws, or anything. There is a small piece of foam on the back, so it does not scratch the coach. The arm on the right, near the door, is attached quite strongly. Did this sounds reasonable? Seems weird to me - but what do I know!

This is an electric awning. I noticed this when I was retracting the awning - when it got completely rolled up, the arm in question started to lift off the side of the coach by an inch or two. I reversed the motor for a fraction of a second, and the arm lay flat against the coach. I thought maybe it was left loose like that to ease pressure on the awning in this situation. But maybe they just left the bracket off!

Anyway, before I called Thor, I thought I would ask the experts here. Any help would be much appreciated!

Dan

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.